As summer comes to a close, take advantage of all of the great produce before it’s too late! Here are my favorite ways to prepare summer’s bounty:
1. Dice up local peaches, saute in 1 tsp soft tub margarine, add cinnamon, and use as a topping for nonfat vanilla yogurt or whole grain waffles.
2. Puree watermelon and mix with club soda for a fun “mocktail.”
3. Microwave shucked corn in a wet paper towel for 2 minutes per ear. Spray with butter spray and Old Bay seasoning.
4. Tomatoes: slice them and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on top of whole grain toast spread with light cream cheese and smoked salmon.
5. Eggplant, zucchini, and tomatoes: saute with garlic and 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan and simmer with chicken stock to create a delicious ratatoille. Serve with brown rice and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- Trick or Treat! Health Tricks for Your Halloween Treats
- My Husband’s Favorite Salad
- Quick tips and a grocery list for making fast, healthy meals at home.
- What’s For Lunch? Easy tips to start brown-bagging it.
- Japanese? Greek? Mexican? What do I order?
- The Best Broccoli You’ve Ever Had: Crispy, Tangy, and Addictive!
- Skinny Caesar Salad Dressing At Home: New Recipe!
- What NOT to do at the Gym: 7 Mistakes You Should Avoid
- Sweet, Cheesy Pancakes that Won’t Fill You OUT
- Katrina’s Healthy Grilled Cheese Sandwiches